WEDNESDAY, JUNE 26TH
8:45-9:00 Welcome and opening
9:00 10:15 Keynote: Barry Boehm
10:15-10:45 Coffee Break
10:45-11:45 Technical sessions
TRACK A. Software Processes and Products I
SESSION CHAIR: Nelson Medinilla
- Extensions to UML Meta-Model: evolutionary stereotypes.
- Lacks on Testing Body of Knowledge.
- Software process model integration.
TRACK B. Parallel Issues in Software Development I
SESSION CHAIR: Vinod Prasad.
- Using artificial intelligence for parallel processors for testing.
- Parallel cyclic conjunction implementation for shared memory multiprocessors.
- Parallel file system based on NFS servers for heterogeneous clusters.
11:50-12:50 Technical sessions
TRACK A. Software Processes and Products II
SESSION CHAIR: César Montes
- Knowledge representation for conceptual engineering design.
- Bi-phase method, based on meta-models, for building ontologies.
- Heuristic reasoning services for medical environments
TRACK B. Software Processes and Products III
SESSION CHAIR: Silvia Acuña
- 3D user interface for object manipulation by scenario graph traversal.
- Remote clinic access: case study in applying MUC model.
- Asynchronous JAVA RMI communication.
12:50-14:00 Lunch (on your own)
14:00-15:00 Technical sessions
TRACK A. Software Processes and Products IV
SESSION CHAIR: Ernestina Menasalvas
- Implementing requirements verification heuristics with XML and XLS.
- An experimental analysis of the identification of categories and choices
- A method of scenario-based GUI prototype generation.
TRACK B. Agents
SESSION CHAIR: Ricardo Imbert
- ParCeL-5/ParSSAP: A parallel programming model and library for easy
development and fast execution of simulations of situated multi-agent
- Descriptions for sharable action discovery to coordinate collaborative
- Protection of RETSINA multiagent system
15:00-15:30 Coffee Break
15:30-17:00 Technical sessions
TRACK A. Software Processes and Products V
SESSION CHAIR: Almudena Sierra
- A development of evaluating method for software usability using checklist
- Toward quality specification and evaluation guidance.
- Sessions value as measure of web site goal achievement.
- Designing software tools for the use of secure electronic forms.
TRACK B. Component Based Software Engineering I
SESSION CHAIR: Angélica de Antonio
- An empirical research in evaluating and improving quality of component
development artifacts in Korea.
- The use of adapters to increase component reusability.
- Component based development environment
19:00 Reception Mayor City Hall (Plaza de la Villa)
THURSDAY, JUNE 27TH
9:00-10:15 Keynote: Tom DeMarco
10:15-10:45 Coffee Break
10:45-12:05 Technical Sessions
TRACK A. Software Processes and Products VI
SESSION CHAIR: Milagros Torres
- Formalizing the reorganization of a business structure with business
- An extension of UML activity graph meta-model based on the workflow
- A tool for the analytical validation of business process.
- Automating the management of teams and tasks in software multiprojects
using UML and queuing networks.
TRACK B. Algoritmization
SESSION CHAIR: Sira Vegas
- Gray-scale and binary morphological operations: design and implementations
- A simple algorithm for node-to set disjoint paths problem in rotator
- An efficient algorithm for computing all reducts.
- Compiler optimization technique with prediction of execution timing
12:10-13:10 Technical sessions
TRACK A. Component Based Software Engineering II
SESSION CHAIR: Jose M. Sierra
- Component-based software engineering: a component model to build a distributed
- Component-based design: alternatives during partition phase.
- Heterogeneous component-based development
TRACK B. Distributed Issues in Software Development I
SESSION CHAIR: Fernando Naveda
- An architecture for dynamic provisioning of virtual networks.
- ASHTALK: Software achieving delay-free voice transmission over a local
- A QoS architecture for application execution adaptation.
13:10-14:15 Lunch (on your own)
14:15-14:45 Jaques Bus. EC Initiatives for Software Research
14:45-15:45 Technical sessions
TRACK A. Internet artifacts
SESSION CHAIR: Javier Segovia
- Wrapping HTML pages as interactive web services.
- Coarse grained delivery units: from HTML pages to XML leaflets.
- The effective exploitation of heterogeneous product information for
TRACK B. Parallel Issues in Software Development II
SESSION CHAIR: Oscar Dieste
- A proposal for I/O access profiles in parallel data mining algorithm.
- Parallel computing operating system
- Implementation of a real-time UMTS testbed in a PC network.
15:45-16:15 Coffee Break
16:15-17:35 Technical sessions
TRACK A. Software Processes and Products VII
SESSION CHAIR: Xavier Ferré
- Entity relation model (ERM).
- Data mining approaches for early software size estimation.
- Experiences with the first course in Software Engineering.
- Security Architecture and Services for Enterprise Integration.
TRACK B. Distributed Issues in Software Development II
SESSION CHAIR: Gongzhu Hu
- Design of an optical network simulator (MERLIN II) using the scalable
- End-to-end real-time guarantees for the EF traffics in the diffserv
- Fuzzy clustering for signal combination.
- Multinode broadcasting in metacube
18:00 Bus excursion of Madrid
21:00 Conference Dinner. Torres Bermejas Restaurant. C/ Mesoneros Romanos,
FRIDAY, JUNE 28TH
- Tutorial A: Multi-paradigm Conceptual Modeling. Oscar Dieste.
- Tutorial B: Improving the Usability of your Software Products. Xavier
- Tutorial C: Integrating Quality of Service in Distributed Multimedia
Applications. Philippe Roose.
12:00-12:30 Coffee Break
12:30-14:00 Tutorials (continuation)